Contemporary bathroom designs often include the walk-in shower and this is one of the most requested design features I receive for a bathroom renovation. I have designed and lived with both a walk-in shower and an enclosed shower recess and have enjoyed both. So, what determines whether you should look to include a walk-in shower in your bathroom renovation or opt for the enclosed shower recess? Here are my 5 tips for making that decision.
Reasons why I would choose a walk-in shower
- A wet area is being created to incorporate the bath
- The bathroom has angled, low or complex ceiling lines
- To visually shorten the width of the bathroom
- Storage capacity and options have been included into the design elsewhere
- You live in a warm climate area
Reasons why I would choose an enclosed shower
- The functionality of the space demands it
- Storage capacity and options need to be improved
- The bathroom has a standard ceiling line
- To create a sense of space
- You live in a cold climate area
Of course, each bathroom requires an individual design solution and functionality of the space should always remain a very high priority. If you have been grappling with which shower recess to incorporate into your bathroom renovation, at least this will give you a great starting point to continue your research before making a final decision.